 Marketplace / Shopping / 284
283  |  285
Subject:
May 3, 12:01 madness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 05:25:27 GMT

I might post a larger report of the TRU down the hill from me tomorrow
after I wake up, but here are some quick thoughts.

Saw ONE person out of the horde (150+?) that was crowding the front of
the store who seemed to only be interested in Lego stuff.  Not sure,
though, because several people were making multiple "runs", although I
don't know why - TRU didn't seem to be enforcing any sort of per item
limit.

Only a handful of different sets were available, both classic and Ep1.
I bought a few copies of 7128, the Speederbikes set.  I honestly like
this set for several of the parts, and I may either hold onto the
scout troopers or let them fly in an auction.  They also had (no
numbers, sorry) the X-wing, Snowspeeder, Lightsaber Duel, Pod Racers
(the $90 set - not worth it by a long shot, imo), and that submarine
thing, also not worth it.  Oh, and they had that really stupid looking
tiny brown "droid" ship thingie - pretty lame.

Now if they'd had the Landspeeder I would have bought a case of them,
just for the macaroni bricks.

Star Wars "collectors" are so incredibly more lame than we are.  I did
a good 20 minutes of people watching, and I'll challenge anyone to
prove that at least a 2/3 majority of them aren't bottom of the
genepool losers.

The most lame, though, were the losers who were snatching up the Lego
sets without even looking at them, saying, "oh yeah, these are sure to
be rare."  Riiiiiiight.

After my half hour there I went to the ATM and Wal-Mart, my real
reason for being out at that hour.  Saw that they were putting up the
SW displays there and had a look.  They had all the sets TRU had, and
also had the Tie-Fighter/Y-Wing set.  Passed on it, although I'll buy
one on sale for sure.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide