 Marketplace / Shopping / 2714
Re: TRU.com Xmas fiasco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:42:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Thomas Main writes:
Doug Finney wrote:
Did anyone here who received compensation from TRU.com for their late-for-
Christmas delivery get less than $100 in Geoffery dollars? I was talking to
someone in a non-Lego forum who only received $25. I'm just wondering if it
had anything to do with size of order, date of order, etc.

I did not get a small order ($20) placed 11/2?/99 until sometime in
January and they gave me $25.00 (still haven't used), which I thought
was more than nice of them.  I hope they start delivering better
service, though.

Also, any word on the possible lawsuit? I still think that's ridiculous but
am curious to see if anything comes of it.

I would hope any lawsuit brought against them would be thrown out.

Hmm.  Iwould hope that any lawsuit brought against them would go through, and
be enough of a penalty to set a precedent.  It might actually prompt other
companies going online to put some time and effort into making sure their
ecommerce setup is adequate FIRST.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/