 Marketplace / Shopping / 27
Re: S@H Specials, Feb 8-12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:16:07 GMT

Julie Krenz <dkrenz@mc.net> wrote:
Ok, here's a thought that is probably not going to be shared by many: I
think S@H should limit quantity purchases on the specials. eToys did it
with their anniversary buckets and tubs, 10 each to a customer, that seems

I don't agree, mainly because I don't see S@H (or eToys for that
matter) having any obligation to even try to guarantee availability of
a limited supply of an item on sale to as many customers as possible.

First-come, first-served might not seem fair to some people, but
limiting buyers would just create more work for S@H, and when it comes
right down to it people would circumvent that just like they did the
eToys limit.

fair. Should Tom even bother going to the trouble of calling and posting
to rtl, lugnet and updating a web page? It seems things are gone almost as
quick as they are posted. I decided to order some more garbage trucks and

Some items are gone quick, either because they had few to start with
or because they are incredibly popular and some people with money to
spend buy a lot of them.  Some, though, are run on special for most of
the year.

still a bit bitter for giving myself a day to think about buying the
FreeStyle sets on special last week ; )

I missed out too, but I just used that money to buy more 2152's this
week.  :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide