 Marketplace / Shopping / 2659
Re: TRU/Artic Theme Observation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 15:52:55 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote in message ...
My son's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and he received a couple of
duplicate LEGO sets.  Since TRU has the most liberal return policy (AFAIK),
we decided to return them there so he could pick something else out.  He
really likes the Artic sets but our local TRU (Cary, NC) did not have one • on
the shelf.  I looked around a fair amount and couldn't find any.  About the
only thing else they were short of was Star Wars, everything else was in
stock.  Since nothing else really caught my son's eye, he ended up picking
out a Hot Wheels set (lost LEGO revenue!).

I have since been to my local Target and Wal-Mart and while both have some
Artic sets, they don't have much stock.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is
Artic a big seller for LEGO

I don't know what numbers Lego is seeing on the Artic sets, however I have
noticed that they seem to be selling out rather quickly in Idaho. There
never seem to be any on the shelves. A few of my friends have stated that
their daughters like this set. Yahoo!!!!! Maybe this is increasing sales
some.

Rose