 Marketplace / Shopping / 263
262  |  264
Subject:
Disappointing experience with S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 03:15:08 GMT

Well, I ordered 4 6097's on Monday.  Paid the $6.75 for the express
shipping.  Was told, "ok, so they'll be there on Wednesday" when I
requested the express shipping.

Well, 3 of them arrived today.  The UPS guy said the package was
marked 1 of 2, and he didn't have 2 of 2, but if it turned up he would
bring it by.  This was around 10am.  At 4:15 I gave up and called S@H.

Long and short of it is the polite rep called UPS and found out I
would be getting the other set tomorrow.

I told her that was pretty disappointing given that I had paid for the
express shipping.  I asked if the shipping was not guaranteed to be 2
day.  She said no, that it was 2-4 day.  (Kinda odd, the package
clearly said UPS 2nd day air - 2nd day means on day 2 in my book.)

I told her that I had never had an order take longer than 2 days when
they were using FedEx and she agreed that UPS was not as good as
FedEx.

So why the heck am I paying $6.75 for crappy UPS "2-4 day" shipping
when I used to get FedEx 2 day shipping for $5?

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide