 Marketplace / Shopping / 2525
2524  |  2526
Subject:
MindStorms 1.5 RIS for ~$144.00 (find w/instructions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:25:57 GMT

Found a way to land Robotics Invention Systems for $144.00 before tax and
Shipping (mine was $163 shipped)

Ordered via telephone from Zanybrainy.com. toll-free at 877-WOW-KIDS (877-969-
5437) then asked them to price match with www.costco.com who has the RIS for
179.99  (to navigate to it start with www.costco.com, then go to shop, enter
lego in the product search and scroll down to the RIS) you will need to
navigate the sales rep to the site for price confirmation.  you can jump to
the RIS at

http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?trg=product%
2Easp&catid=111&subid=112&hierid=1076&prdid=23598&log=

Then ask to apply an on-line coupon (code is BABYPROMO for 20% off order)
which knocks the price down to $144.

the BABYPROMO on-line coupon is also good for 20% off anything that you order
including all legos.

there are also some other fair deals at Costco.com for some other lego
products.  Now that I think about it you should be able to apply the same
technique to bring the price of a 4561 down to $80.00 from ZanyBrainy as well.

I know its a complicated routine, but when you are super strapped for cash
like me, every bit counts.  good luck!

Dan Delcollo