 Marketplace / Shopping / 195
Re: SW spotted at TRU (in Edmonton, AB - Going fast :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:18:46 GMT

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for posting this :-)  I went in last night,
picked up 2 of each set.  Built one of each last night, took about 2 hours
to finish them all.  I'm keeping the 2nd set untouched.  I love them.  I've
already come up with a simple way to put walls around R2-D2 on the X-Wing
(added 8 pieces-2 black 1X2 bricks, 2 gray 1X2 bricks, 2 red 1X2 bricks and
2 Black 2X2 Inverse slopes, removed 1-black 2X4 Brick, relocated 1-black 2X4
brick)  I've got to try the retractable landing gear concept next.  I'm also
fiddling with a way to create a targeting computer to pop up in front of
Luke in the X-Wing - shouldn't be too hard.  I just wish the targeting
display was on a 1X2 tile instead of the sloped brick :-(  I've got some TIE
pieces bid on in an auction, and I'm hoping to build the whole range of TIE
types over the next month.  Common TIE fighter (flat hexagonal wings - black
and gray), Interceptor (like Vader's, but lose the middle panel at the front
and change the wing pieces to 4X7's on the angled wing panels), Bomber (add
second pod with bomb hatch, lengthen pods)  I'm just wishing I had more gray
wall segments to construct a trench with.

James Brown wrote in message ...

Yup!  The north-side TRU in Edmonton, Ab, Ca has the full line in, and • lots of
them.  Looks like they haven't sold too many yet, a couple dozen each of • the
landspeeder and speeder bikes, about dozen each of the snowspeeder and • x-wing,
and nine of the tie/y-wing - and this is after I got through with them :)