 Marketplace / Shopping / 1800
Re: #4565 Freight & Crane Railway $99 at Zany Brainy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 02:26:12 GMT

Shane Archer wrote in message <4PVWODNySZZoOvMuVDIuxf1SJyEO@4ax.com>...

I hadn't been to the local Zany Brainy store here in Madison for a
couple of months now, so I walked in kinda hoping that there
*wouldn't* be any great sales going on -- you don't WANT to know how
much I've spent on LEGO lately --  but no such luck, as I ended up
walking out with a 4565 for $105 after tax.

I also found this at the Zany-Brainy in Durham, North Carolina.  They had
one 4565 and it had been opened and returned.  Most of the polybags were
still sealed but some of the tape had come off and a few parts were out on
the shelf.  I asked the manager if she would take any more off since it had
been opened and might not be complete.  She took another 30% off (the sale
price) and with a $5 off coupon, I walked out with a 4565 for $69.  I don't
know how many parts are missing but I suspect only a few.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

Message is in Reply To:
  #4565 Freight & Crane Railway $99 at Zany Brainy

I hadn't been to the local Zany Brainy store here in Madison for a couple of months now, so I walked in kinda hoping that there *wouldn't* be any great sales going on -- you don't WANT to know how much I've spent on LEGO lately -- but no such luck, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)