 Marketplace / Shopping / 1335
1334  |  1336
Subject:
Zany-Brainy Scratch Off Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 04:11:54 GMT

Yesterday and today Zany-Brainy had a sale where if you had a card that they
sent out in the mail, you could receive anywhere from 10%-50% off your total
purchase.  They had a scratch off field kind of like a lottery ticket.
According to the mailer, 0.5% (one half of one percent) of the mailers were
50% off, 0.5% were 40% off, 1% were 30% off, 2% were 20% off and the other
96% were 10% off.

Was anyone lucky enough to get a 50% off card?  I personally ended up with
three cards, a 10%, a 20%, and a 30%.  I ended up buying a 4565 along with
the 4548 controller for myself and two 5561 Big Foot 4x4 sets for Frank
Filz.  With the 30% off card I saved $100 on the total purchase.  The
controller was $20 with the purchase of 4565 so with an additonal 30% off,
it was less than $15.

Lines were pretty bad, I had to wait about 20 minutes to check out.  I spoke
with some friends of ours who were there this afternoon and they said they
had a 30 minute wait.

Frank stopped by my house this morning to pick up his sets and was fortunate
(note extreme sarcasm) enough to witness the chaos that is my house - my
wife and the baby were already out and I was trying to get the other two
kids loaded up to go to Raleigh's Thanksgiving parade.  "Get dressed, get
your shoes on, yes you have to go", etc!  Kind of hard to hold any sort of
an inteligent conversation with Frank.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh