 Marketplace / Shopping / 12809
12808  |  12810
Subject:
7787 Bat-Tank 50% off at LEGO brand store (Oregon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 07:21:41 GMT

I just got Set 7787: The Bat-Tank: The Riddler and Bane’s Hideout for 50% off at my local LEGO brand store near Portland, Oregon. I love 50% off. It’s my favorite price. This set originally retailed for 49.99, so I got it for $24.99. The brand store had several displays of the Indiana Jones sets. They appear to be flying off the shelves. I remember visiting the store early in November, and the place seemed to packed to the ceiling with inventory: set boxes stuffed onto the shelves and stacked in displays in the center of the store. Since then, whenever I visit, they seem to be in a constant state of catching up – trying to keep the shelves full. The floor displays in the center of the store were full of sale items: the Bat-Tank, some Bionicle, the storage chest, advent calendars, snow globes, etc. I was thrilled to get one of the sets I was after at half off.

Then I went to Fred Meyer (a local discount department store) for something else, but I always stroll through the toy aisle just to see if they are offering any sets at deep discounts. Last year, after Christmas, I found Set 7784: The Batmobile: Ultimate Collectors’ Edition, MSPR $69.99, for $27.99! Today, I bought Set 6163: A World of LEGO Mosaic, MSPR $19.99, for $9.99 and Set 6162: Building Fun with LEGO, MSPR $9.99, for $4.99. Finally, I saw Set 4896: Roaring Roadsters, MSPR %59.99, for $29.99, but I didn’t buy it, so you can go pick it up if you want to.