 Marketplace / Shopping / 12749
Re: TRU Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 04:01:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Thomas Garrison wrote:
Toys'R'US (at least in the US) has a Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale in effect
September 23--29.

The flier states that the sale applies to City, Mars, Aqua, Exoforce,
Bionicle, Racers, Creator, and Castle sets.

Be advised:  since the sets to which the sale actually applied were lame,
I just picked up three Avatar ships that were sitting on the shelf at half
price.  BUT, when I was rung up the third set was free.  So, I would like
to hear if there are any other unadvertised sets to which this sale
applies---certainly, if the sale had applied to Star Wars I would have
dropped this week's paycheck today.

After having tried it today, the sale does NOT apply to Star Wars.  It did apply
to the Hogwarts Castle even thought that is not technically part of the Castle
theme.

If you scan the items in store, they will show "Lego Promo" on the ones on sale.
Star Wars sets will show only "Promo" as there is apparently a different promo
on star wars merchandise in general.

Troy