 Marketplace / Shopping / 12382
  LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

I ran across something interesting at my local LEGO store, and had to pick it up: a make-it-yourself Key Chain Name Kit. It contains 73 pieces (59 of which are 1x1 black tiles with letters printed in silver) and retails for USD$4.99. (URL) The first (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

(...) Kelly- Sounds like a useful item. With out last SCLTC layout, we started using the Brother P-Touch label maker system sold at Costco that costs $30 or so and supports the use of various width tapes that include black ink on clear or white, (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

(...) These were around a while ago in the UK and a lot of the shops on the last train layout had (URL) on black signs>! Unfortunatly I missed them and last time I was in a Lego store they had sold out of the tiles (which seem to be packaged (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

LEGO came out with a very similar project over a year ago. (URL) tiles and keychain were seperate though. Nice to see that they tweaked the letter ratio in the tiles so that there are more of the common letters. I have a small BUCKET full of (...) (18 years ago, 30-Mar-06, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

(...) Unfortunately, and inexplicably, TLG redesigned the pattterns for all of these tiles, so these are different parts.[1] (URL) the letters on the newer tiles (from set 4294192) seem consistently smaller than those in set 4677 and most seem (...) (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

(...) I suspect that the new smaller prints are less susceptible to printing errors. The more space around the letter the less tiles will have the writing snipped at the edge so you waste less of them. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

In lugnet.market.shopping, Thomas Garrison wrote: ... (...) Yes, they are from 4677 - and I suppose they now need some further qualification in their description !! Chris . (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

(...) Here's a scan of both complete sets of characters : (URL) printing is definitely better on the current ones. Chris (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles

(...) Whoever came up with this set obviously wasn't German.... where's the "Ä"? Gary Istok (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)