 Marketplace / Shopping / 12095
12094  |  12096
Subject:
MORE SALES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:15:30 GMT

In the last 2 weeks there have been a lot of sales. First KB, then Amazon, now
TRU (BOGO50) and Kroger (Fry's). TRU and Amazon are pretty much having the same
sale just under different sorts. The prices are the same on Amazon as it would
be in the stores. The only difference is that Amazon is offering free shipping
on most if not all Lego sets. The free shipping is based on a total purchase of
$25 or more (Who decided $25?)

Kroger is offering their VIP discount. Prices break down to the same as TRU and
Amazon. So not much of a savings. Some Fry's have a large selection of older
sets, but no one has any of the old police sets (World City). Amazon and KB had
a few, but every KB I went too was SOLD OUT.

Was any one in the TRU in Scottsdale. There was one guy who I wanted to talk to.
He had two carts full of sets. Must have been buying for the 2nd coming. Quick
calculation $1500 spent.

Larry
AZLUG