 Marketplace / Shopping / 1183
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:15:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Stanley writes:
Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:44:37 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

My point would be that the end result is the same.  I get both DVDs.
Now you could say that we're actually conducting a separate
transaction after he completes his with the retailer, at no extra
expense to me (except for maybe all the free computer support he
needs) but that's just a mostly irrelevant middle step.  In the end,
both DVDs end up on my rack, with the retailer making the exact same
amount from shipping them to two locations as if they had just
shipped them to one.

Mike,
   I certainly don't disagree with you.  I have "bent" purchase resrictions
myself.  (Marcia and I both bought Voodoo3s with the mail-in rebate; I used my
parent's address.)  However, I think that the fact that the "end result is the
same" is what makes it "bending" the rules.  In the case of DVDs, I think the
retailer's intentions are for only one CD from each sale to end up on a given
person's "rack".  Thus, if two people live separately in a house, they probably
wouldn't mind that you both use the coupon.  Since you and your wife likely
don't maintain separate DVD collections, I think they would mind.  They limit
to "one per household" instead of "one per collection" because they don't have
any way to really control the latter.

Naji