 Marketplace / Shopping / 1176
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:48:15 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

My point would be that the end result is the same.  I get both DVDs.
Now you could say that we're actually conducting a separate
transaction after he completes his with the retailer, at no extra
expense to me (except for maybe all the free computer support he
needs) but that's just a mostly irrelevant middle step.  In the end,
both DVDs end up on my rack, with the retailer making the exact same
amount from shipping them to two locations as if they had just
shipped them to one.

Just nitpicking here but the amount the retailer nets as profit may be
slightly more, or slightly less. It depends on a number of factors such
as what the cost to take an order is, the cost to fulfill an order, how
much less one box costs than 2 boxes, the difference in shipping charges
and a number of other factors (down to the extra table space in a
relational table somewhere to hold a few more bytes of info, which
probably changes the profit by +/- .000001 cent or so.).