 Marketplace / Shopping / 11639
11638  |  11640
Subject:
MISB 4558 Metroliner and 4563 Load N Haul Railroad spotted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:51:26 GMT

Hi all,

I got back from Japan a few weeks ago. Although I didn’t manage to find any sets exclusive to Japan, I spotted two quite rare sets in exceptional condition. The name of the store is Toy Park, I believe, and it’s in Tokyo. Click here for a picture of the store front.

In the store, I saw a 4558 Metroliner + 4547 Club Car wrapped together in plastic. It retailed for $300+ CDN. There was also a 4563 Load N Haul Railroad. I don’t remember the price. I can’t guarantee that they are MISB because of the plastic wrapping. Click here for a picture of the sets.

I didn’t buy these sets myself because I already have them (as well as the Metroliner reissue). I can’t justify spending $$$ just to obtain MISB copies.

A word of warning though, I saw these sets back on July 16th. I make no guarantees that they are still available! So don’t blame me if you spend $1000 on a ticket to Tokyo to buy these sets, only to find that they’ve been snatched up! Also, the pictures are 200K+ in size...

Good luck!

-Bryan