 Marketplace / Shopping / 11174
Re: KB Toys Closing Today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:44:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dan Hennings wrote:
I stopped by my local (Wichita, KS) KB Toys today. This is one of the stores
that is closing, and LEGO was marked down to 30% off. I asked when the next mark
down would happen and they informed me that the store was closing today. This
may or may not be the case with your ill-fated KB Toys, but if there was
something you wanted to pick up, now may be the time.

My Toy Works is still at 30%, and full of stock, which was coming out of the
back room in giant bags. The Mega Bloks aisle is getting Power Rangers and
Dragons Krystal Wars, which are a new item for this store. Meanwhile, some Lego
set types not seen there before have been materializing.

I had just passed on the Chamber of Secrets when a kid brought his mom directly
over and got one. Happy happy.

I have never seen so many people in a KB before, weekend after weekend (yeah
I've been there most weekends since November). If they ran their stores as a
true discount outlet with no pricing above MSRP and had a periodic 20% sale with
a guy holding a sign on the street corner, maybe they would get this kind of
business steadily.

-Erik