 Marketplace / Shopping / 11128
Re: PayPal security issue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:18:57 GMT

In article <Hrw1t8.97o@lugnet.com>, Eric Brok wrote:

I wanted to pay by PayPal, but when I go the PayPal website, it feels like a
reroute to a fake site. But I'm not sure,

Last night the home page (via http://www.paypal.com) seemed to have changed
slightly - the usual login text boxes were replaced with a single "Login"
button that went to another page.  That page did appear legit and correctly
logged me into my account the first time with no apparent glitches.  Today,
however, the home page appears to be back to normal with the login boxes.
It does make one wonder...

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/