 Marketplace / Shopping / 11114
11113  |  11115
Subject:
Zany Brainy/FAO Schwartz - Good News/Bad News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 06:00:30 GMT

The Good News:  A couple of weeks ago I put my name on the list at my local Zany
Brainy to be notified when they started selling off their fixtures... yesterday
morning I go the call, went in and scored 4 of the 20" display minifigures for a
very reasonable price plus some nice cardboard signage!

If your store hasn't started selling their fixtures yet get on the list and
maybe you too will get a lucky call from the liquidator  :)

The Bad News: I ordered the 4511-High Speed Train from fao.com along with
Jabba's Palace and Surveillance Truck... Today I get my order with the train
listed as "Unavailable-Cancelled" on the invoice yet got charged full shipping
for the 3 items. I called fao.com 1-800-232-7326 to find out that due to the
bankruptcy court order they cannot refund/charge back any mistakes and my only
recourse is to write to: FAO Inc/Co Bankruptcy Svc LLC, attn: Julia Bealler, 757
3rd Ave, Floor 3, New York, NY  10017.
I'm only out $4.00 so it's not really worth the effort but I'm sure plenty of
other people got stiffed for more than I did.
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)