 Marketplace / Shopping / 10714
10713  |  10715
Subject:
TRU at its best...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:49:16 GMT

It's seriously the most wonderful time of the year...for both of the TRUs here
in Staten Island, NY- (located in Hylan Plaza right off of Hylan Blvd and in the
Best Buy shopping center right off of Richmond Ave). The shelves were packed
with many new items, including the new World City Police sets, which look pretty
nice. No new train sets, but hopefully they'll be here soon. Below is a list of
sets I was able to save some big bucks on...so if you're in the area, go check
it out. (The prices in parentheses are normal, non sale prices).

7119 Twin Pod Cloud car- $3.98 (as compared to its normal price of $11 smackers)
1355  Temple of Gloom- $3.99 ($7)
1380  Werewolf Ambush- $3.99 ($10)
1383  Curse of the Pharaoh- $2 ($4) (gotta love the parts that come with this
set!)
4702  The Final Challenge- $3.98 ($10)
4712  Troll on the Loose- $3.98 ($10)
3402  Small Grandstand with Lights- $3.98 ($10)

Both TRUs mentioned have a large assortment of SW sets on sale. There are many
Creator buckets, large gray baseplates, and some old street baseplates left too.

I bought these sets for their great assortment of useful elements, so I put the
remaining elements that I didn't need on BrickLink.

Take care,
Joe
*who will try to at least save some money from now on :-D*
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=JoeSS