 Marketplace / Shopping / 10675
Re: Target Clearances - 75% off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:57:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
I had the same experience at Northland Mall in Southfield, MI.  Most sets were
only at 50% off, but I landed six to eight each of Dueling Club, the Orient
Expedition elephant chariot set 7415, and the balloon set 7414 for $4.96 each.

Over here on the western side of Lake Michigan, most of that went at 30% off.
Then suddenly there was a ripple of new 75% off stock like Slave 1 which
vanished in a day (I helped.) Jabba's Palace has begun to tick, beginning at 15%
off.

I recommended 3 4705 buckets at 60% off for some kids birthday. That was at TRU.
There are so many sales everywhere. I went to Target and found the same items
you did and cleared them out. The prices listed on the items are wrong but they
scan at the prices you listed once you take them to the checkout.If you search
TRU shelves, you will find Y-Wings/Darth's Tie, UCS X-Wings and Interceptors,
Mos Espa's, Sith Infiltrators. All half off. But the TRU inventory system will
not show the items in a search because once the item is clearanced, the system
seems to think it is gone. Ask to look under the Lego display shelf covers over
the shelves in the Imaginarium(sp), even on the side opposite the Lego shelves.
They flip up for storage on the shelf hidden behind them. One very helpful clerk
told me that some of the employees will try to straighten up aisles and shelves
by putting up the out of place items on those shelves because it is too much
trouble to rearrange the noraml displays. That is how I found the Y-Wing and
hopefully, one day, a Millenium Falcon.