 Marketplace / Shopping / 10662
Re: Fake LEGO sets on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:46:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rob Doucette wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark Chittenden wrote:
Did a search for LEGO CASTLE sets, and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3137643258&category=19011

Did a search for Lego Compatible and found a whole bunch of these
fake 'lego' sets. All from Hong Kong. While the seller says these are NOT
LEGO products, and the boxes do not say LEGO anywhere, the look and
appearence is too identical to real LEGO sets. Can we say copyright
infringement?

It's been said:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=40704

  Yeah, that's a strange brand.  I nabbed one of these sets on Ebay a few months
ago, and some parts are obviously direct copies of LEGO elements, while other
parts are different and original.  Overall the quality is not as dreadful as one
might think, and there are some cool bits to be had, but it's definitely a
lesser imitation of LEGO, rather than a complementary, compabible brand.

     Dave!