 Marketplace / Shopping / 10564
10563  |  10565
Subject:
New products in LSMK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 10:42:02 GMT

Hi all

This weekend I am up in MK and I popped into the shop.  Some every
interesting things were in evidence, namely Hailfire Droids and AT-ATs!!
Please excuse posting this to so many groups but I had to run to an Internet
cafe to post this!

I bought a 4481 Hailfire Droid so I can play about with the planetary gears.
From the pics on the box I now know they have an 'old gear' wide rack on the
inside and are driven by two 16t gears - full report will follow on building.

I actually didn't see the AT-AT until I was told by the girl at the counter.
I didn't get one as I'd rather have my 10% off at LLW but I couldn't resist
the 4481.

I asked the sales girl how come they had them when Jake and Kate Sutch told
the Brickish Association (watch out in .loc.uk and .general for my
transcript of the Q&A at our recent AGM once it has been proofed) that they
were not supposed to be out until much later in the year - she said that
Brand Retail had been given the go-ahead.

Otherwise LSMK has much the same brick selection as before.

Other interesting news:
A lady from a market research company was holding interviews with some
patrons.  TLC must want to know how the shops are doing - I overheard a
little of the interview and the mother who was answering was very
complementary (except for thinking Lego is a bit expensive).  I'll go back
in a bit and ask her a few qs if she doesn't mind.

Psi