 Marketplace / Shopping / 10365
Re: LEGOLand Store in Carlsbad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 02:37:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:
I recall reading somewhere on LUGNET that there was a LEGO store of one type
or another in a strip mall not to far from LEGOLand.  I have searched around
a bit but haven't found anything.  The only mention of it I could find on
LUGNET was this older post:

http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=6285

Anyone know of this store still exists?  If so, how does one find it?  I am
in San Diego for work this week (with zero free time during the hours
LEGOLand is open - blech) and was hoping to swing by this store if it still
exists.

Mike

Mike - others here surely have more details, but you shold be able to get to
the LEGO store in the Carlsbad outlet mall off the same Cannon Road exit as
LEGOLand.  I believe you take a right onto the road that parallels I5 (Paseo
Del Norte?), and it's got a bunch of car dealers on it.  The LEGO store isn't
in the mall directory, but I'm told it's in there someplace.  I tried to find
it recently, but had no luck.  Mark Papenfuss mentioned it in other posts as
well, and he seems familiar with it.  Perhaps he can chime in, since I'm an out
of towner like you...

Good luck - I was just thinking about asking about this location myself!
Ed

hehe, my ears were burning. But yes, there is a store in the mall by
Legoland during the holiday season. But when I was there this last weekend
they told me today (Sunday, Jan 12th) was going to be the last day it was
open. Its just a holiday thing that has a small selection.

But, if you just want to do some shopping you can do it at Legoland. They
have a 'shopping pass'. Just go to the guest services window and tell them
you would like to do some shopping real quick. They will take an impression
of your CC and give you a ticket. You will get 30 minutes to go into
Legoland and do some shopping for free. Thats enough time to make a run thru
the Big Shop and grab some stuff. When you are done shopping, you must get
back to the guest service and give them back the ticket so they will not
charge your card for an admission. I do not know how strict they are with
the 30 min time limit - but I would imagine if there was a line at guest
services they will be ok with that. Just make it close to 30 mins. But you
do have to pay for parking.

Hope this helps!

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com