 Marketplace / Shopping / 10359
Re: Target's MOT 75% off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:13:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Andreas Stabno writes:
Keep checking your local Target's train stock.  I helped liberate a couple
of Kansas City area stores that had moved their trains to the magical 75%
off mark this week.

Unlike last year's consistent markdowns by region, it seems as if each
store's markdowns are now unique to their own sales trends.  One store in
the suburbs had still marked their trains at 30% off; two are now void of
75% off items; the rest seem to hover at 50%.

Pursue well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.lugnet.com/~19/
Hey Andreas,
The Target stores I've been to here in Central Texas have told me that they
don't know when the prices are going to be dropped.  They said it's done by
corporate headquarters and that there is a specified date assigned to the
type of item being reduced.  It sure doesn't seem like that's the case
everywhere, though, does it?  I have two stores that I'm keeping tabs on and
they seem to be in sync.  If one drops their price, then the other does the
same!  Some of the employees have told me that they never know when the
prices are going to go down.  Many have told me that they wish they knew as
they are interested in grabbing some of the merchandise as well.  It gets to
be a real challenge trying to catch them at the right moment.
There's another reason to keep tabs on stores near you as I went by mine
yesterday and managed to find a Republic gunship at half off that wasn't
there the day before.  I don't know if it came from the storage room or
maybe someone returned it, but I grabbed it.  It wasn't going to stay there
long.
Anyway, best of hunting to all the sales vultures...
Tom