 Marketplace / Shopping / 10347
10346  |  10348
Subject:
Bought an obvious returned item...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 03:54:52 GMT

I bought a Railway Express from Target at 50%, for $50.  I noticed that it
had been re-taped by their return department for resell.  While looking to
verify everything was there, I discovered that the engine bag had been taped
up, and the motor was missing!  Obviously someone wanted a new motor, and
thought it was in the engine bag.  After discovering their error, they taped
it up, and found the engine underneath the regulator.  Since I intended to
part out the engine and regulator, at the least, it has since lost
significant value for me.  Anyone have an experience like this at Target
before, and any success getting a full refund, or the chance to keep it at a
reduced rate, more so that it already was?

George