 Marketplace / Shopping / 10336
Re: Build, Test and BUY (at Legoland CA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 01:16:18 GMT

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

I suppose the reason they started selling bricks is either because people
kept asking if they could take their creations home, or more likely • because
people just did it without asking.

[ ... snipped ... ]

While it has been a while since I was at LEGOLand, when I was there I had a
conversation with the woman working the build and race area.  It was a
weekday and not very crowded.  She told me that the level of theft (her word
not mine) - people building something and taking it with them - was
extremely high.  She said it was the primary reason wheels were so scarce.
Even though there were signs asking people not to take things appartently
many people felt it didn't apply to them.

I had a similar conversation with an employee at the LIC in Orlando.  I had
asked him if I could have two parts and he told me "sure" and he thanked me
for asking permission.  He told me they had a real problem with people
helping themselves to the bricks in the play area.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com