 Marketplace / Shopping / 10133
Re: Bulk discounts restricted to what is in the catalog?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:55:46 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Kingsley writes:
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that when you order bulk items
you only get the discount if you order the items in the catalog.  For example I
just tried to order some 1x4 bricks which are not in the catalog and no
discount.  I then tried 2x4 bricks and I could get the discount on those.

Has anyone else noticed this, and more importantly has anyone found a way
around it.

This is frustrating as I thought all bulk elements were included in the
quantity discount offer.

Eric Kingsley

Yes, I noticed this too. I place my orders over the phone and was quite
disappointed and politely expressed my disappointment to the rep that I was
speaking with. This was sometime last year, so apparently I wasn't
persuasive enough.

I think its a drag myself, and the way I got myself to feel better about it
was to place two orders with two different catalog codes. (resulting in 10%
off one and 5% off the other).

The savings bought me a few cups of coffee....

Best,
Jonathan