 Marketplace / Shopping / 10110
Re: No Target Price Match
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:31:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rosemary Regner writes:
For all the Thanksgiving Day sale hunters, I was told today that Target will
no longer price match for other's sales.

   Then they're going to lose a fair amount of business, and
   create a lot of disgruntled power shoppers.  That's just
   plain idiocy because even if you're not in the mood to hunt
   around and find the very best price in the brochures, having
   such a policy gives them "shopper friendly" points.  By
   eliminating it, they tell the shopper implicitly that other
   stores have lower prices.

Target abandoned the day after Thanksgiving sale, now no price match. Next
they will give up clearance sales.

   Bite your tongue!  I'm leaving summer behind during December
   in part to come back and raid Targets.  ;)

   best

   LFB