 Marketplace / Shipping / 77
76  |  78
Subject:
USPS Insurance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 03:44:25 GMT

Most sellers (myself included) offer insurance as an option at the buyers'
risk.  Most sets are sold at above retail (in the case of discontinued, or
otherwise hard to find sets).  But how does the buyer actually excercise the
insurance that they purchased when the seller holds the proof of insurance
and value can't be proven easily??

I recently had a sale arrive at the buyer opened, minus the LEGO (it was a
USPS Priority Mail carton and was stamped damaged by the receiving postal
office).  The buyer was not able to process the claim because he couldn't
provide proof of value.  E-mail documentation of the sale was deemed
insufficient by the Post Office.  Because the transaction was relatively
small (~25$) I replaced and substituted the sets in exchange for the damaged
carton and documentation so I can process the claim myself.  The question
now is how do I recover the value of the sale as opposed to the retail cost
of the LEGO??

I'm thinking that optional insurance for buyers is no insurance at all...

Any comments?

-Rob.