 Marketplace / Shipping / 511
Re: New Postal Rates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 02:15:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Justin Pankey writes:
Hi All,  If this is not an appropriate group to post this to, please forgive
me and KINDLY direct me to the appropriate group.  I post here because it
seems to me it will have a dramtic effect upon Bricklink business.  I
inquired today on the SPECIFIC rates for Priority mail over the 1 pound rate
of $3.85.  Apparently the post office is now using ZONE rates which will
apply to most packages, 2 pounds or more, Priority or Parcel post.  The
zones are specific to where the package originates and are based on delivery
distance.  I live in Michigan.  As an example, it seems if I send a 5 pound
package to a surrounding state (that's zone 2 or 3), it will cost me $5.85.
However, if I ship that same package to California (Zone 8 for me, it will
cost $10.35.  I can barely believe it!  Yet, have the literature right here
before me to prove it.  Alot of my business goes to California, but you can
bet we'll ALL have to buy alot more locally especially when it comes to
small purchases that have some weight to them.  Looking for your thought and
insights,  Justin

   This has been under discussion on .market.shipping (and, IIRC,
   .market.brickshops too).  Followups have been set appropriately.

   best

   LFB