 Marketplace / Shipping / 47
    Re: Seeking the Ultimate Truths on International Shipping —James Brown
   (...) Actually, it's not the post office doing that, it's Customs - the P.O. doesn't see a cent of customs money. That $5.00 fee (which is also what cheeses me off) is the fee that Customs charges you to look at your package and decide how much tax (...) (26 years ago, 19-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

        Re: Seeking the Ultimate Truths on International Shipping —Simon Robinson
   (...) Yes I can see that that is rather unfair. I think I'd be pretty angry if I got charged that. I wonder if that flat charge is a purely Canadian thing or whether other countries do that. Simon (URL) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)