 Marketplace / Services / 570
569  |  571
Subject:
What payment method is to prefer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:55:48 GMT

A US company states the following:
"We don't accept credit cards or on-line-payments. (...) As payment, we accept
Money Orders, Cashier Checks, www.auctionchex.com, Cash, Personal Checks(All
checks USD on US Bank), and wire transfers (expensive)."

Non of those methods is acceptable for a non-US residents due to either huge
fees or extrely slow transaction (or both). Well, cash can be sent like we used
to do before PayPal, but it doesn't feel that comfortable above, say US$50.00.

So, my first question is: what payment method is the best mix of modest fees and
speed, when PayPal and credit card are excluded, if made domestic in USA?

And question #2: Would anyone be ready to serve as a payment relay? I have been
sketching on how it may work:
* I place an order to this company and get the total with p&p invoiced.
* You add your PayPal fee, the domestic payment fee, and what you want for the
trouble.
* I accept the grand total and pay you via PayPal.
* You pay the company when you have recieved my payment. (Thus, this is risk
free from your point of view. You don't send any money before you have recieved
them from me)

If I find you trustworthy and this system works well, there are most likely more
people in Sweden that will use your "service"!

/Tore