 Marketplace / Services / 564
Re: BL/northcomp down ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 01:08:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Ray Sanders wrote:
Anyone else having connectivity issues with BL this evening ? I can neither
conenct to BL nor can I ping either of the northcomp NS's ...

ns1.northcomp.com 209.131.206.195
ns2.northcomp.com 209.131.206.196

Ray

This has been a very bad week at Northstar. The T-1 where the nameservers are
hosted has been experiencing long ping times and some sort of traffic that is
causing the firewall and/or router to fail. There doesn't seem to be any sort of
pattern to correcting the problem when it occurs. In some cases, rebooting the
firewall solves it, in others (like just now) the router had to be rebooted
twice after which the firewall had to be rebooted again.

Be assured that we are pursuing all courses of action to prevent this problem
from happening again. To prevent this line's problems from affecting bricklink,
we'll be making some preventative changes this week to help the stability of
that site.

- Eric