 Marketplace / Services / 524
Re: Paypal question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:17:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Jude Beaudin writes:
If I have a $0.00 balance in my account, and I make a payment, it will be
charged to my credit card. Is that considered a CC transaction or a cash
balance transaction for the person receiving the funds?

Jude

Depends what you mean by 'I make a payment'. You have to select a funding
source. You'll see something come up as the default source, but you could
always change it between different credit cards or an instant transfer from
your bank account, depends what you have set up as funding options.

If you select CC then that's what it would be for the recipient. An instant
transfer has a cc as a backup but that would only be used if the bank
transfer fails.

Actually, has any seller out there ever seen that happen? Buyer sends
payment as an instant transfer but the transfer fails and the buyer's credit
card gets charged instead. Does paypal come back after the fact and charge
the seller additional fees because it is now a CC transaction?

HTH,
John