 Marketplace / Services / 464
Re: Bank transfer funded Paypal payments now possible for Dutch clients.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 17:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Cool! Thanks for that update! The new 1% exchange fee still applies though,
right? (for international funds transfers)

I must admit they have not stated that very clearly everywhere. When I look
at Paypal fees table:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/fees-outside

It tells me that recieving funds to a personal account is free, and the
asterix footnote directly behind item stating the recieving fees for a
Premier/Business Account. However, I believe that this 1% fee does apply to
both personal and Premier/Business accounts, because the 'Policy Updates
page', under the item 'International Pricing Change' adresses the issue far
more clearly:

"The 1% cross-border fee applies to any payment in which the buyer and
seller reside in different countries."

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.