 Marketplace / Services / 401
Re: large number of Brickbay users??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 05:24:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Ray Sanders writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
In the last 10 minutes I have seen the number of users
reported on Brickbay climb from one hundred something to
over 300:
You are 1 of 345 Active Users.

Is Brickbay getting hit with some sort of attack?

I'm wondering the same thing. It started sometime just after 2pm EDT today. I
was updating some picture links on a few parts, and watched it climb from mid-
50s, 200, 300...  I think it topped out about 850, then slowly decreased to what
you see now. Either its some weird ddos attack, something in the active use
count went kafootz, *or* BrickBay just got insanely popular :)

Or for the conspiricy theorists out there, is Interland falsly exaggerating
the amount of traffic on BrickBay to support their campaign to dump the site
without honoring their contract? (Insert X Files like music here)

But then, I'm one to talk, I just jumped ship from them for Go Daddy
(www.godaddy.com). They have gotten too expensive, and they are pulling
services and guarantees from their contracts.

Matt