 Marketplace / Services / 334
Re: Paypal Non Credit Card Payment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:09:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey Y'all:

I have been trying to send some people money by the means specified by
Stanley and Krenz, to name but a few.  I have not seen the screen that Mike
posted to the internet a week or so ago -- but I have been able to become
"verified", transfer money to the paypal account from a bank account, and
then to send someone a "Source of Funds: Non Credit Card" payment (and this
took a number of days to accomplish completely, BTW).

Will this serve the purpose of NOT costing the buyer anything extra for the
transaction? I don't see that I have ANY options based on the type of
account that I have: a "Personal Account." I simply did not see any part of
the interface that would allow me to specify different types of payment even
if I had wanted to specify something else.

If you have a personal account, it seems to be driven by how much funds you
have available already in the account when you initiate payment. If you have
enough funds to cover the payment it does not ask you anything. If you don't
you can select from the options available to you based on what you've set
up... for instance I can choose among two different checking accounts and
one credit card.

I believe at some time in the past you could specify what the source of
funds was even if you had sufficient funds in the account at that time but I
don't think that is true now.

++Lar