 Marketplace / Services / 14
13  |  15
Subject:
International users of x.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 02:20:29 GMT

Has anyone examined the possibility of people in the US assisting
international folks in getting set up with x.com? I'm not sure what their
requirements for starting an account would be, but assuming no laws were
violated, and x.com's TOS weren't violated, I would be willing to have my
home address used for non-US folks to set up an x.com account under. The
problem might come in with Social Security numbers.

This thought has been bubbling about in my head for a while, and when Larry
indicated he is interested in getting out of the factoring business, I
thought it might be a good idea to put this idea on the table.

Has anyone tried to set up more than one x.com account? Another less
attractive possibility would be for a willing person in the US to set up an
account for someone overseas, and just manage the transactions for that
person (I'm not sure I would want to give the other person the password to
the account because it would be MY credit rating at stake if the other
person abused the system, but having a 2nd account would make it easy to
keep track of whose money is whose).

Frank