 Marketplace / Services / 12
11  |  13
Subject:
Factoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:42:51 GMT

As most of you know, I provide factoring for folks. People who are interested
should read about it on my site:

http://my.voyager.net/lar/factor_desc.html

That page needs revamping.

I invite comments from people, what sorts of things would be helpful to have on
it? Should I try to "chartize" the information to make it easier to predict
what the costs would be?

Long term I desperately want out of the factoring business, and while I had
been pinning my hopes on Lugnet, that may be a long way away. So now, I am
pinning my hopes on X-PayPal instead, which, since they are merging, may be
worldwide sooner than we first thought. (1)

Short term, I am going to be raising my prices, or that is, go to a tiered
pricing... I will probably charge 2x for paper receipts and payments that I do
for X or paypal (that is, at my end, I'll charge .75 to receive a paypal
payment, but 1.50 to receive a paper check, ditto for making a payment)

That's open for comments too, if people want to say anything.

++Lar

1 - I knew they were going to merge, as their sites use exactly the same color
scheme. :-)