 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 765
Re: Junk Boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 01:12:06 GMT

I agree, basic bricks are just adding to the shipping costs on the Junk
boxes, at least.  Might as well find someone who actually likes them (for
realism on "junk" type models) (NOT me, I prefer ALL my bricks mint), and
send them to them to trim the fat.

Frank Filz wrote:

I've got Junk Box #1 right now, which is about to head up to Canada. I have
a question before I send it off though. It is now bulking in at more than 2
pounds (cost $4.30 to send to me). Half the weight (or more) is plain
rectangular bricks and plates (some broken, some chewed, some discolored,
some may just be a bit dirty). I am wondering if we should remove at least
the basic bricks, if not the plates also. I would be happy to send them
directly to someone who wants them (of course if that someone is in Canada
and already on the list, might as well just leave them in). I have a bunch
of non-brick stuff I will be adding (including one or two abused road
baseplates).

I think if we kept the junk boxes to non-basic parts (including printed
bricks), people would find it a little more interesting, and we wouldn't be
paying to ship basic bricks around to a bunch of people who have no
interest.

Any opinions? If I don't get any opinions by the time I'm ready to ship this
off (preferably Monday, but possibly Tuesday), I'll just send the bricks
along (or take them in trade for some of my junk).

I'm also due to get Junk Box #2, and would be happy to do the same (in fact,
if someone wants the junk basic bricks, I'll hold off sending them and send
the junk basic bricks from both boxes).

I'm also due to get Minifig Box #2 and if that has junk minifigs like
Minifig Box #1 apparently has, I may transfer some into Junk Box #2.

Frank

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/