 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1411
1410  |  1412
Subject:
Damaged bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:35:32 GMT

I've been thinking about some ways to handle damaged and discolored
bricks (precipitated in part by the huge quantity of bricks in Jambalaya
Junk Box #1), and have a new idea. While this won't actually be a
Jambalaya box, I'm thinking that the tracking used for Jambalaya might
be a good way to keep track of this.

My idea is to collect a group of names of folks who would be interested
in receiving bundles of damaged and discolored basic bricks and plates,
in exchange for a donation to Lugnet or Brickshelf (or any other cause
which the brick donor choses to support).

It's not worth the hassle to me to solicit an offer to buy, then find
out shipping costs, and then wait for a check to arrive, and then ship
out a package of bricks, but if someone said "ok, I'll donate $10 to
Brickshelf in exchange for these bricks", I'd be happy to just send them
along (the $10 is just an example).

I'd probably ship cheapest route, with minimal packing.

If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of bricks right now (from
JJB#1). I could also have another batch ready pretty quickly (I've been
filling a bucket with damaged/discolored bricks from used LEGO lots, but
need to sort out the specialty parts [some of which may go into JJB#3]
and I'll probably hold aside some discolored bricks for my own use). My
lot is largely discolored white bricks, but also some blue and a few of
other colors. In addition to discolored bricks, I have some quantity of
damaged bricks.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com