 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 13
12  |  14
Subject:
Some ideas on tentative structure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 07:14:28 GMT

I gotta tell ya...I love this idea.  I've been reading the posts and all
kinds of crazy ideas are pouring into my head.

This is a structure idea if you wanted to use a Jambalaya box primarily
for trading:

Anyone could start a box.  Say I have 350 Techinc pieces I don't need,
and I would really like to get my hands on any kind of castle pieces.  I
would post a message to this group with a subject like Technic for
Castle.  Subject headers in this format would tell anyone in the group
that I wanted to send out a Technic box and have the pieces replaced
with castle.  In my message I would probably put an inventory of pieces,
and maybe some suggestions of pieces I really wanted.

Now anyone who had castle pieces and wanted technic would send me an
e-mail with their address and any other pertinent info.  I could set a
limit to how many people I want on the list...say...6.  Once 6 people
send me e-mails, I'd make up a form with all the addresses in the order
the e-mails were received, send out the box, and see what happens.  Did
I mention that the box would be sent back to me last?...that's kind of
important.  The address form could also include places for date
received, what you took, what you added, jokes, doodles, or who knows
what.  All information would be completely optional.  You could even put
a map on there and people could draw in where they live and you could
trace your box route when you got it back.

I know this is a bit off from the original idea of just sending out a
box for ever and ever, but my favorite part about Todd's idea is that
anything is possible.  I think this really has the potential to create a
whole new way of interacting with each other.  You would learn what kind
of mixes make the best boxes, who sends great boxes and who doesn't,
heck, you might even make some new friends.  Of course, the whole darn
thing depends on how people respect the institution, but based on the
general helpful nature of the LEGO groups, I think it would be great.

Can't wait to see what happens,

Dan