 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9880
9879  |  9881
Subject:
DkGrey Bricks Wanted, PayPal International Fees, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:07:04 GMT

I've recently set up a PayPal account to handle some Lego sales and am
in the position that I have a PayPal balance that I'd like to withdraw.
The catch is that I'm in Canada, and to transfer it to my VISA card, I
have to pay an extra 2.6% to PayPal.  I don't begrudge PayPal the right
to make money, and I know that there is certainly additional hassle and
possibly even cost associated with this sort of transaction; however,
I'd naturally like to minimize the cost to me if possible.

I suppose the obvious answer is to just keep the money in PayPal and
then buy more Lego at BrickBay or eBay.  It's harder and harder to
resist that, too, what with people like Mike Stanley slashing prices all
the time.  :-)

The only problem is that about the only thing I'm looking for now is
dark grey bricks in quantity (several hundred 1x2's, 2x4's, etc. would
be nice).  No-one at BrickBay has these in quantity, so my only option
is Lego Bulk Direct/Shop At Home, which doesn't accept PayPal.

Any thoughts on any of the above?

And while I'm at it, why are the Lego Bulk Direct webpages so painful to
use?  Can't they hire a decent web developer?

And speaking of Bulk Direct, why don't they offer some sort of discount
for very large purchases, or perhaps free shipping on orders that exceed
a certain size?

Okay, I'm starting to vent and babble and lose the focus of this
posting, so I'll stop.

-Roy