 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9849
9848  |  9850
Subject:
SeriousCollector.com going offline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:37:41 GMT

Hello,

I'm sure those who are most interested were contacted directly by the site
(such as I was), but in case anyone got left out of the know, one of the
secondary auction sites we knew and loved is currently circling the drain.com.

Here's the text copied from the email from SC that went out over the weekend:

"The Serious Collector has been a key player in the online marketplace for
antiques and fine arts since 1997.  In that time, we have seen significant
changes.  Ecommerce and the Web are now a viable options for dealers and
collectors, and competition has increased significantly.

To continue to offer the high-quality services and tools our members have
come to expect requires significant additional investment.  The financial
market has also changed in the past several months, and we have been unable
to raise the money we need to expand profitably.

It is, therefore,  with sincere regret that we announce that The Serious
Collector site will be closing effective January 31st, 2001.

We would like to thank you for your participation and support during the
past three years, and wish you every success in the future.

Sincerely,

The Serious Collector Team"

---------

--Dave (jot and jab)