 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9821
RE: UCS X-Wing sale at Walmart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 01:00:44 GMT

I got the x-wing for $75 and the tie intercepter for $50 back in december.
The weird part was that the Tie intercepter was put on back order. Now it
might just be me, but why would you put an item that is on clearance on
back-order?  Isnt the point of a clearance sale to clear out inventory? They
shipped it several weeks later. I just wish I would have gotten the Silver
Champion at $27 instead of $85!

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of spitz
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 5:25 PM
To: lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com; lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade@lugnet.com
Subject: UCS X-Wing sale at Walmart

Does anyone know when the UCS X-Wing went on sale for $50 at Walmart??

I went there a few weeks back when there was a post about it being $75 at
Walmart.  By the time I got there, it was sold out.  However, I put it in my
saved list, and tried checking from time to time.  Yesterday, I checked
after a
(too long) lag, and it was listed as $50!!! Alas, still out of stock.

I never heard much on lugnet about it, but I wasn't exactly on everyday.
Anyone
else find this?  Or was this a weird thing that Wally World did to their
database, while never truely offering that price.

My guess is if that price ever goes live again, it won't last 6 seconds.

-Alfred