 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9411
Review: FS: new Christmas theme set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 01:02:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Season's Greetings!

Would you like to have a Christmas theme napkin holder
on your dinner table for Christmas dinner?

If so, please consider buying this set.
It contains 504 all-new pieces and a 17-step
instruction booklet, in a box.
All for the low price of $30 plus shipping.

http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=bendyarm&itemID=34218

  I hope my review is in time, as he only had 4 at the BayLUG meeting! :-)

  The set was GREAT! It took nearly an hour to build, and I'm no slouch
at sticking bricks together. There's just a lot of bricks there.

  The instructions were well done, and in color, with large enough
images to read without squinting.

  The parts were separate into some zip-lock baggies, making it easier
to find certain types of bricks (which helped speed up the assembly
process some!). And, all the parts were there. No spare parts, but
nothing was missing! :-)

  The kit is also well designed. That is, the design makes the model
sturdy, by using good construction techniques. Each successive layer
overlays the junction of the bricks below, adding to the structural
strength of the model. (Given that the outward appearance is of a
construction of 2x2 bricks in vertical checkerboard columns, I was
happy to see that he's already designed strength into the structure! :-)

  I've always admired the creativity in model in the McCarthy household,
and often envied that Eric manages to keep some LEGO models on his kitchen
table all year 'round, so I was thrilled to get one of these kits.

      -Z-