 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 914
Re: Classified ad haul
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:58:16 GMT

Not interested in buying pieces, but I have also done the classified ad thing.
About two years ago, I put an ad in the local paper "Buying Used LEGOs" and
could have gone broke. I paid less than market value for each collection I
bought and nearly doubled my collection size. I also found that I came away
with lots of old/rare pieces. I plan on doing it again within the next year.
It's surprising how many people are just "cleaning out" and are willing to
part with the stuff their grown children have left behind.

Kevin Wilson writes:
I've had an ad in the local free ad paper for a while, saying I want to
buy Lego. The first two people who called me wanted way too much money
for what they had (close to new prices for bricks from sets with no
isntructions, no boxes, etc) but the third one was a goodie. Not
fantastic, but good. I have sitting on the table here, the lower half of
a Black Seas Barracuda with shooting cannons, 6 pieces of monorail track
and a tall track support, three crater baseplates and three runway
baseplates, and several thousand bricks including a fair number of
arches and steep slopes. Very useful stuff. The monorail track is
especially great since I just bought a monorail (it's in the mail right
now) and it's the 6990 with not all that much track. More is good.

Ain't it frustrating though when only half of things are there? I have
to wonder what happened to the rest of the monorail and the top half of
the BSB.

Anyway, if anyone would like the hull pieces from the BSB (bow, stern
and three centre pieces, wide type, brown), and/or four shooting
cannons, please email me with a reasonable offer. They aren't a lot of
use to me.

Kevin Wilson
Vancouver, BC