 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8933
  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

S@H is straightening this out and getting me the #2 bags that should have been loaded in the box. S@H rocks! (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

Much as I was afraid of. (Note, that I _still_ don't have mine yet...) While I'm glad that they are easliy willing to correct their mistake.... S@H doesn't have the systems to handle customized ordering (bad MRP system). And, they can't afford to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) I don't see why the mosaic should be hard for them to ship. Ultimately, because of how it's packaged, its just a group of sets which are ordered in a somewhat bizarre way. Ok, I guess they do package the thing into a "set" box, and then into a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

Hello Mosaicers, (...) What happened is that the set is currently "not available" both in Germany and the US. Let's hope that this is just a temporary shortage. I was just ready to order one or two of them, after having read through the information (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) From an individual's perspective, this would certainly appear as simple as you describe it. But, from an accounting system or MRP systems perspective, this is a ROYAL NIGHTMARE. Look at it this way. (LEGO before Mosaic) My computer system (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

I got an email this morning from them warning me that one of my mosaics had been packed wrong. Here's the text: ---...--- Dear LEGO® Shop at Home Customer, Due to a technical problem, your LEGO Mosaic set was shipped with an incomplete assortment of (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) I bet they've forecast based on 25 bags. True, many of us will optimize our pictures to get 26 bags, but I bet even with that concerted effort, the difference in margin will be minimal. (...) I thought I saw a picture of what someone got, and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) It's a brand-new process for TLC, and they discovered a problem. That's not a big surprise with something like this, for all the reasons you point out. I'm *encouraged* that they discovered the problem, and took proactive steps to deal with (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)