 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8834
Re: Shell Sets available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:47:18 GMT

Even though I didn't make the original post, I relay the details that I know.

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Sinasohn writes:
Yes, please post details, and your location....

I found a mess of sets in the Indianapolis area. My family members have relayed
the info that these sets are available in northern Illionis, Wisconsin, and
Ohio. This is a nation-wide shell promo, so Shells in every state should be
selling them SOON. Today is the official start date for the promotion, however,
I did find several stations that had the sets but refused to sell them. (They
didn't say why...)

Can you tell us if these sets are different than the previous group of sets?

These are the sets from the 97 European Shell Promo. (2535-2544, 2554-2556)

Is the Ferrari set a minifig-size set (like the 125x series) or is it a
Technic model like 2556?

Yes, it is the Model Team 2556. This model is so awesome that I picked up 10 of
them. (I have this hoarding problem :) ) THEY WILL NOT BE RELEASING THE 125x
SETS IN THIS PROMO

On another note, I found that pricing on these sets varies from store to store.
Some stores give you a discount when you make a $10 purchase and other stores
just give you the discount price. (Small sets reg. $1.99 w/ discount $1.49;
medium sets $9.99 regardless; 2556 - reg $29.99 w/ discount $25.99

Good luck searching!!! Several of the attendants have told me that the sets
were selling VERY fast.

-Todd